Tuesday, May 8, 2007

What I have learned so far?

Taking up this multimedia course is a challenege for me. As I am not so computer savvy, the fear of interacting with the digital tools have always put me at a distance with computer technology. Thus this course have actually made me more literate as a digital immigrant. I am beginning to feel at ease with the digital tools I learned in this lesson. Proud to say that, I can create a blog, a webquest and I am able to explore other tools too.

Being a digital immigrant, my students are always better than me in handling the digital tools. I would like to be able to create a webquest for my students, so that they are able to work online.I would like to be able to make full use of the technology tools for my classroom learning.

What has been challenging to me is the online sessions. With such limited knowledge of the technology, the tasks assigned were altogether challenging because evry click of the mouse creates something new for me. I hada few defaults here and there, but I managed to complete the assignments, even though I was late in posting it. I enjoyed the learning process even though I had to explore on my own without any face-to-face guidance. Even though there were instructions posted, I just didn't know where to look for it. So, I need to explore more in order to make things happen.

At the end of the day, I hope to be able to use what I have learned in my classroom teaching. There's so much I want to do for my students to make them maximize their skills in digital tools. Hopefully, I can feel more at ease in using the digital tools.

No comments: